home about review challenges rating reading projects

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

15 Day Book Blogging Challenge: Intro & Day 1

I'm a girl that likes, no, LOVES, a challenge.  :o)  I'd like to say it's in my blood, but really, I'm never satisfied just being.  With a break in school, I have more time to focus on TBD, and well, that means more posts, and more content for you!  

I stumbled upon this 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge today, and it seems fun, and a great way to get to know your blogging neighbors, so I thought I'd give it a shot. 

This challenge is hosted by Good Books and Good Wine.  Check it out!



Make 15 book related confessions.

1.  I'm a book hoarder.  But only of books I haven't read yet.  Once I've read a book, I post it on PaperBackSwap for the next person to enjoy.  The reason I stopped hoarding read books is because books are a pain to move.  Trust me on that one.

2.  I have almost 1,000 titles on my TBR list on Goodreads.  I'm never going to get to read them all.  It's insane.  I do however go through it every so often and get rid of titles I am no longer interested in.

3.  I really try hard to finish a book once I've started it.  Even if I hate it.  I think I've only stopped reading maybe two books in my life.

4.  I never thought I'd be a YA girl.  I always thought it'd be like reliving high school all over again, but I'm glad I gave it a chance.  Some of my favorite books are YA.

5.  I'm notorious for refusing to read a book until the entire series is finished.  I've been reading the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum series for YEARS!  I'm just ready to know who she picks so I can move on.  I mean, isn't 20+ books enough?  But I love Stephanie Plum, so I'll continue reading until JE decides to put an end to it.

6.  I'm obsessed with the beautiful bookshelves where all of the books are arranged by color. I always dream of someday.  But not until I'm out of an apartment, and in a house, where I'll stay, for awhile.  I can't wait to have a room full of books.

7.  I refuse to watch a "movie adaption" until I've read the book.  But I won't watch the movie right away, so I can forget the details, and enjoy the movie.

8.  I'm usually reading more than one book at a time.  Currently - I'm reading 3.  How I keep the stories straight is often beyond me.  I'm reading one religious book, one on my Kindle, and one in print.

9.  I read anywhere and everywhere.  I have *some* version of a book with me at all times.  If I'm stuck in traffic, yup, I'm reading.  Sitting in line at a drive thru, yup, reading.  It's awesome.  But I often get dirty looks.  

10.  I judge a book by it's cover.  All the time.

11.  I love the nerdy tough boy characters in books.  Let me explain.  The boys that are "manly" in public, but super sweet and sensitive in private.  They remind me of my own boyfriend.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I love sappy romantic sweet boys the most!

12.  I've only listened to one audio book to completion in my entire life.  It was Angels & Demons.  I have a 10 minute drive to work, where I talk to my mom via my car's bluetooth.  (No handheld talking for me!)  I don't know when I'd find the time to listen to an audio book.

13.  I love the library.  I'd rather check out books from the library than spend the money to buy them myself.  One year - I calculated how much money I saved by checking them out and donated that money to the library.  And then we moved.  Too far away from the library to make it at all convenient.  I'm still sad.

14.  I hate when a book I love ends.  I don't know if I think the book will magically continue to write itself or what.  But it leaves me feeling sad, and lonely.

15.  I love free books on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.  (I have an iPad so I download them from both.)  There's no way in heck that I'll ever get all those books read, but it makes me feel good to have options.  

What are your 15 book related confessions?  Let's hear 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment