April at Good Books and Good Wine is hosting the 15 day challenge. Make sure to check out her blog, and see what others are saying.
Ekk! Quick 15 bulletin points of things that appeal to me on blogs...
- Clean, organized, well laid out blogs. I can't even begin to say how overwhelming some blogs are when completely loaded.
- Information about the author... glimpses into their personal life... who they are outside of the books they review.
- A recap of the books that have been reviewed, in one central location, organized somehow.
- Social media links. How can I follow you on Facebook/Twitter/Goodreads?
- Color, or an overall theme. Something to make the blog cohesive.
- No noise! I hate when I do have my speakers on, and I'm blasted by some random sounds/music. It's annoying.
- Random book challenges. Like reading a book about every single US President or something.
- Replies to comments. That's the best. When a blogging actually acknowledges you've visited their page.
- Weekly memes. I love these. Seriously, pink puffy heart love them. Plus, it's a great way to generate traffic to your blog.
- Rating systems. It's nice to know what they are.
- A direct link to Goodreads. It just makes my life easier to add the book if I'm interested in reading it, if there's a direct link on the review. :o)
- Quotes. I looooove quotes. (You should check out my Pinterest board...) But, I love finding new quotes. Maybe we should host a weekly Quote Meme. I'll work on that, unless it's already been done.
- Reviews that do not contain spoilers. It's so hard sometimes to write a review without giving away any spoilers, but at least LET A PERSON KNOW ahead of time.
- Giveaways are always fun. :o)
- I love when pictures break up the monotony of the words.