home about review challenges rating reading projects

Friday, June 21, 2013

Book Blogger Hop Fridays! (1)

I'm so excited that I found enough daily memes to make it through the week, excluding Thursdays.  I enjoy answering these, and more than that, I enjoy seeing YOUR answers, so keep the comments coming.

Today's Book Blogger Hop is hosting by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer.


The question is... When you are writing your reviews, do you write them as you are reading or wait until you are completely done with the book?

I'm very interested in reading what everyone has to say about this.  As a fairly new book blogger, I tend to wait until the end to write my reviews.  I make notes on post it notes as I'm reading (if I'm reading a print book) or in a notebook (if I'm reading on the iPad), so that at least I have something to go back and reference as I write my reviews.  Again - I'm not saying that I won't change my review methods at some point in the future, but that's how it's done for now.  

I still have a lot of work to do on this blog... in terms of review policies, ratings, etc. so I know that it'll constantly be a work in progress.  I'm interested to see how much my blogging style and TBD changes over the next 365 days.  

So, fellow bloggers, what do you do?



6 comments:

  1. I wait to the end. I don't feel like I can get the true sense of the novel until I've finished it. I kind of want to review the book as a whole, but I do keep a mental note of things as I'm reading along and then I might refer to them in my review. I'm new as well and I havent started putting ratings on books yet, I'm trying to take it one step at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wait till the very end to write my review. Good days for reading, I can usually finish a book in about 24-36 hours, so things stay fresh in my mind. If it's a huge book, I do take mental notes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to book blogging! You have a cute blog and I cannot wait to read more posts from you.

    I started blogging a year ago and my reading-to-reviewing methods have pretty much stayed the same. The only thing that has improved has been my writing style. Instead of saying, "Yes/No, I like/don't like this book because..." I am now more confident in giving a more in depth analysis.

    My post
    New follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't take notes and write everything after finishing the book. Hope you have a great weekend!
    Tasha @ A Trillian Books xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome!! You will love being a book blogger and meeting other bloggers is the most fun.

    Keeping post it notes is similar to what I do, but I don't waste my precious post its. I put my thoughts into an e-mail. :)

    Stop by for my full answer if you like.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, post it notes are a good idea for paperbacks. Like that. I use notebook just to jog memory. Had forgotten how post it notes are good for this.

    ReplyDelete