home about review challenges rating reading projects

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Armchair BEA: Introduction



Armchair BEA is a virtual blogging conference for those of us unlucky enough to be sitting in New York at Book Expo America.  One of these days, people, one of these days.  As a hopeful book blogger, I thought participating virtually might be a great way to get my name out there, and establish The Bibliophile's Digest as a blog out in the world.  So without further ado, here's my introduction.

Please tell us a little bit about yourself:  Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?



I'm Christina.  :o)  I'm a 30 year old accountant by day in the airline industry.  I enjoy my job, for the most part, but spending all day crunching numbers leaves the brain, well, mushy.  I turned to reading as an outlet.  It's always been a hobby of mine, since I was a little bitty girl.  I can remember, 1st day of 1st Grade, I got sent to the principal's office for being able to read at a higher level than my classmates, and my teacher didn't know what to do with me.  She then proceeded to keep me inside during recess to teach my classmates how to read.  

I started this blog several years ago... 2011, to be exact.  But I never spent much time on it.  As a full time student with a full time job, blogging always took a back burner.  I enjoy reading, and more than that, I enjoy writing, so I figured it was time to get back into it.  It's just a hobby, and I don't hope or plan to every make money off of this journey.  It's just a good outlet for me to publish my thoughts about a book, and keep up with what I'm reading in one nice, neat, package.

Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA?  What brought you back for another year? If you have not previously participated, what drew you to the event? 

I have not participated in Armchair BEA in the past.  I was drawn to the event because of the network of book bloggers that are involved, as well as the daily topics and insight given by Armchair BEA to bloggers.  It's just a  great resource, and I'm happy to be a part of it!

What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?

I'm currently reading Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews.  It's been on my bookshelf at home for awhile, and looks like a light summer read, so I picked it up.  Plus, it's set in one of my favorite places in the US... Nags Head, NC!  So far, so good.  :o)  I'm looking forward to doing the review.

If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? 

It'd definitely be J.K. Rowlings.  I'm a huge follower of the Harry Potter series.  I want to just pick her brain.  A woman who has accomplished as much as she did, considering her circumstances in the beginning, is just an inspiration to me.  I'm always amazed by her every time I hear an interview.  She's such a gracious, humble, human being.  

Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?

For me, personally, I'd like to see The Bibliophile's Digest take off as a book blog.  I can't promise that it'll be the greatest blog out there, but I promise to give it my heart and soul.  Heck, who knows, there might even be a giveaway coming up soon.  :o)  

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging! I hope you have a lot of fun, I know I do. :D

    I have the same problem with my brain turning to mush after a long day at the office. I love getting to just kick back with a good book and letting everything else drift away.

    ~ Lindie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh you sound rather busy. Glad reading is a relaxing tool for you. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for being a number cruncher ;) Any sort of math has always made me feel anxious and I admire anyone who has a handle on it!

    I hope you're enjoying the ABEA :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you have in store for your blog!

    ReplyDelete