home about review challenges rating reading projects

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Armchair BEA Day 2: Better Blogger?



Day 2 of Armchair BEA is upon us, and part of today's discussion is how to be a better blogger and how to focus "blogger development."  For me, this discussion is two fold, because it allows me to dig deeper and investigate what other book bloggers have done to be successful in their own endeavors, but also to allow me to really pinpoint what I want to do to develop my own style and blog.

Have you branched out into your community? Do you partner with other bloggers? Have you gone "pro" or tried generating some income through your blog? If you're a long-term blogger, how has your online personality developed over the years? 

As a newbie book blogger, I haven't really expanded into my community or partnered with other bloggers, although I do hope to do both in the future.  Going pro isn't really something I want to actively pursue, but if in the future, it went that direction, I most certainly wouldn't be opposed.  I mean, making money for my opinions, YES, please   :o)  But... my primary focus has been and always will be to share my love of books and reading with the masses.  It's just who I am, and what I like to do.  

So for my own development... here's a list of what I'd like to do with The Bibliophile's Digest, and where I'd like to eventually see this blog.

*  Create a logo
*  Create a lay out and blog design
*  Update The Bibliophile's Digest Facebook page
*  Maybe create a Twitter account?!
*  Become part of a book club
*  Take the ol' blog off of blogger, and maybe obtain a .com domain
*  Take part in more weekly meme posts hosted by various bloggers 
*  Develop a signature for closing each post
*  Develop a "review" policy
*  Create an about me section
*  Link up to Goodreads on my blog

You see - there's a thousand ways to network, and I want to start doing just that!

~ Christina

2 comments:

  1. Those are all great goals, and if you take it one thing at a time, they are all easily accomplished. Possibly with the exception of the blog design. I messed around with mine for 2 months and I'm still not 100% happy with it. It may just be one of those forever in progress kind of tasks. Or it could just be me, lol.

    ~ Lindie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, at the moment I've not even thought about making money from my blog, though it would be nice!

    ReplyDelete