home about review challenges rating reading projects

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Armchair BEA Day 2: Genre Fiction


If you’re a reader of genre fiction do you have a favorite author or series? And what keeps bringing you back for more fantasy/sci fi/horror etc? And if you don’t read one (or more) of these genres what is it that deters you from those sections of the bookstore? I’m also curious to hear why you think these genres often don’t get the recognition they deserve.

I definitely gravitate more towards young adult fiction.  I think it's in part because there have been some amazing books released within the past few years that have really drawn me towards that genre.  Another reason I tend to gravitate towards young adult fiction and fiction in general is because so much of my free time was spent with my nose in an accounting text book.  After awhile, a girl just wants to read ANYTHING but.  I'd like to think that I'm a well-rounded reader in such that I'll pick up just about anything, but I definitely tend to stay away from the horror books.  I can remember as a child being terrified of the movie IT, and still being leery of clowns at 30.  Below are some of my favorite books...

If the book is one of a series, I've probably read them all, but am only choosing to put the first book in the series.  

















6 comments:

  1. I wasn't a huge fan of shiver but I loved the hunger games! DYING to watch the sequel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YA is some of the best reading ever. And I LOVE that you've included I Am the Messenger by my all time very most favorite author! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you directed me to your blog. I'm a huge fan of most of these on your list, but haven't read them all. I've been looking for a new books to read, so really! This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Divergent series! And THG and HP! I've heard a lot of good things about Hate List, I need to add it to my TBR!

    my armchair BEA post

    ReplyDelete
  5. YA is my go-to genre of choice. I just can't get enough! They're just plain GOOD.

    ReplyDelete