home about review challenges rating reading projects

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review: A Girl, a Guy, and a Ghost - Patricia Mason

A Girl, a Guy, and a Ghost - Patricia Mason
Release Date: November 4, 2012
Genre: Romance
Pages: 302
Source: BookBub, Amazon
Buy the Book: Kindle Version

My rating:  3 out of 5 stars

Goodreads: Curvy redhead Giselle Hunter, parapsychology reporter, has a crisis. Finding a ghost within three days is the only way to save her job. Not easy, especially with no psychic talent. A trip to Savannah Georgia-voted the most haunted city in America-seems ideal. But while Giselle encounters a discrimination-obsessed vampire, a nudist wizard, a not-so-psychic medium and a host of other kooks, there's not a ghost in sight. Then there's scrumptiously sexy, private investigator Ry Leland. With his buff body and bitable lips, Ry ignites her passion. He's an enormous distraction. Distracting her in a bed, in a closet, on the kitchen table, in a car... But despite the explosion of their mutual lust at first sight, Ry is unwilling to help with what he calls a cockamamie investigation. Unwilling, that is, until an attempt on her life makes it clear someone wants to stop Giselle from finding a ghost...and turn her into one.

My Review:  I don't know if everyone out there in the blogosphere knows about BookBub, but if you don't, you MUST SIGN UP NOW!  BookBub is a daily e-mail with free or deeply reduced books that can be downloaded to your Kindle or Nook.  It's a free service, and definitely worth signing up for.  I downloaded this book onto my Kindle app on my iPad when I found it using the daily e-mail from BookBub.

I enjoyed this book by Patricia Mason.  It's the first one I've read, and I would definitely read another.  Giselle reminded me a lot of myself.  Her banter with Ry, her encounters with several of the other characters, just remind me of what my life would be like if I were dating again.  Needless to say - I laughed, a LOT, and out loud several times while reading this.  I enjoyed the inner dialogue of Giselle, because I could just imagine myself thinking and saying the same things.  

It's definitely a quick, light-hearted read.  There's a bit of romance, some sexual content, so be aware of that if you aren't into that sort of thing, but it's quick, and doesn't distract from the overall plot of the story.  I won't say that I absolutely loved this book, but I did enjoy it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment